Helen's Blog

Getting it all organized...

My elbow has been aching for a few days, so I haven't had the chance until today to figure out which paints to use for Glenda's commission. I tested some of the various shades of colours (as it is a landscape it is going to be mainly blues and greens and a couple of browny colours - not including the colours needed to paint Malcolm (the "Man") and his motorbike. I settled on 26 colours and put them all on one large palette. I don't tnink I will end up using all those colours but at least I can do a few test pages now and see which combinations work best.

I printed a line drawing of Malc and the bike onto 8" x 5" 190gsm watercolour paper (Cotman) so that I can test the colours but also figure out exactly how I want the background to look.